THE WORLD’S FIRST CHORUS SOUNDS, REBORN WITH WAZA CRAFT
Launched in 1976, the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble was not only the world’s first chorus effect pedal, but also the very first BOSS pedal. Three years later, this inventive new sound was squeezed into the blue CE-2 Chorus, and chorus pedals have remained in the compact lineup ever since. Four decades on, the spacious modulated tone of the signature BOSS effect is still loved by musicians everywhere. In 2016, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS innovation, the original analog chorus sounds are now reborn with the Waza Craft CE-2W. The CE-2W’s Standard mode faithfully recreates the classic CE-2 chorus sound, and adds an expansive new sound field with stereo output, which was unavailable in the mono CE-2. CE-1 mode fully reproduces the stereo chorus and vibrato sounds of the legendary CE-1, with the addition of variable chorus depth not available in the original pedal. To commemorate the birth of BOSS effects, the CE-2W is made exclusively in Japan, just as the original CE-1 and CE-2 were.
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Standard mode provides a perfect reproduction of the legendary CE-2 sound
- CE-1 mode features chorus and vibrato, authentically reproducing the two stereo sound modes in the world’s first chorus pedal
- Includes new sounds not available in the original pedals, including CE-2 stereo output and variable depth for CE-1 chorus sounds
- Rate and Depth knobs provide fine sound adjustment in both pedal modes
- Premium all-analog circuitry with bucket-brigade (BBD) delay line
- Made in Japan to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS effects
- BOSS five-year warranty
The CE-1 Chorus Ensemble,
released in 1976
In 1975, Roland debuted the “Dimensional Space Chorus” effect in the famous JC-120 Jazz Chorus amplifier. Released the following year by Roland’s newly formed BOSS division, the stereo CE-1 Chorus Ensemble made it possible for players to achieve the lush, spacious chorus and unique vibrato sounds of the Jazz Chorus with any amplifier setup.
Housed in a robust metal chassis with an attached AC cord, the CE-1 contained the same analog chorus and vibrato circuitry from the original Jazz Chorus amp. While both of these effects sounded great in mono, the CE-1 offered up its real magic when used in stereo with two separate amps. This delivered an incredibly rich and immersive sound experience that was a true joy to play. The CE-2W provides an authentic reproduction of the CE-1’s analog sounds, with additional chorus adjustment now possible with a variable depth control.
Thanks for shopping with Upper Room Music, LLC and urguitars.com
Call us @ 270-683-7575