The Maxon VOP-9 Vintage Overdrive Pro pedal is the updated version of the Maxon OD820. The VOP-9 takes the same basic circuit as the OD820 and offers it up in Maxon’s indestructible, industry-standard 9-Series chassis. It uses the same JRC NJM4558D op-amp for low-noise operation, and features the same negative feedback loop clipping diode as the OD820 and OD-9. Like the ‘820, the VOP-9 also features mechanical true bypass switching for uncolored sound in bypass and the ability to blend clean and overdriven tones together.
- Combination clean booster/overdrive
- Switchable 9 or 18 volt operation using internal voltage doubler
- Reacts precisely to picking dynamics
- True Bypass Switching
- Used by
- Dave Weiner (Steve Vai Band, GIT Instructor)
- Doug Rappoport (Edgar Winter, Rick Derringer, Kim Simmonds GIT Instructor)